Educational Mission Statement
Feversham College's educational mission statement is:
- to provide the best quality of education within a secure Islamic all-female learning environment
- to provide the students with a learning environment which nurtures and strengthens their faith (Imaan) to build a firm foundation for future development and involvement as active members of the Islamic Sunni faith and of society as a whole, according to the Quran and Sunnah
- to ensure that the education provided is part of the College's mission to proclaim and honour (in words and actions) the Shahada and remember always that there is nothing or no one worthy of worship other than Allah, Subhana Wa Ta'ala (SWT) and that Muhammad, Sallallaahu'alaihi Wa Sallam (SAWS) is the final Prophet and Messenger of Allah (SWT)
- to understand, learn and respect other faiths and cultures existing in our society.
Fulfilling the Mission Statement
The College will seek to fulfil it's mission by:
- providing a caring and supportive environment for the students to develop spiritually, morally, academically, and socially according to the Quran and Sunnah
- setting standards of excellence in teaching and learning through the implementation of a well-designed curriculum, reflecting the College's Islamic Ethos
- having high expectations of students in standards of achievement, behaviour and school attendance
- ensuring that the daily prayers (Salah) and fasting (Sawm - during the month of Ramadhan) play an active and visible part of college life
- creating a College environment where quality relationships are developed between all who work and participate in the community of the College
- developing an environment that respects and values the dignity, integrity and special needs of all regardless of age, race, colour, religion, and gender, as exemplified by the life of the Prophet Muhammad (Saws)
- creating an awareness, commitment and sense of responsibility amongst the students with regards to local, national and global issues.
All aspects of college life through departments, year groups, tutor groups and the whole school will incorporate this Islamic (Sunni) Ethos and related aims so that the College community is united in spirit and purpose.